Re: Continuing Tranny Adventures

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 13:53:58 EST

> Well, this is a pretty minor "problem' that i'm having with the tranny.
> Recall, i'm the one that had a whole new tranny put in after the truck was
3
> days old.
> Since the weather has gotten quite a bit colder (-8 C, 10 F) when i hop in
> the truck in the morning, i really have to yank on the lever to get it out
> of "Park". This seems to have happened right when it got colder. I don't
> really warm the truck up that much before i get going but i just drive
slow
> until the temp. goes up a bit.
> But i've never heard of a transmission sticking because it's cold???
> Told the service guy, he's like just keep track of it and call if it gets
> worse.
> Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there's any idea why
> this would be happening???
> And i've got about 3000 km (1900 mi) on the Dak so far.
> And speaking of mileage, whn did most of you folks get your first oil
> change?

I have never had this type of problem, no any type of problem Frank with my
tranny, especially in cold temps. Currently, it is about -15 with the wind
chill outside, and no probs here. I have had my Dak in temps of -15 degrees
with a windchill of -75degrees with zero problems.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 115,700 miles