4.7 power mods...

From: Donny M Hayes (donny_m_hayes@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 23:55:06 EST

Well, since last week I have been the proud new owner
of a 2000 CC SLT+ 4.7 auto/3.55 lsd. (swapped out for
my 98 RT due to the towing problem).

SO anyone else out there doing any power mods yet?
Seems like it needs more airflow into the engine. I
put on my 6x9 K&N cone filter today...made a big
differene in my Gtech times but is much louder than
the same setup on the 5.9.

My 4 run avg using my Gtech pro was:
0-60 7.38
1/4 15.54
Did a second 4 runs after putting on the K&N
0-60 6.93
1/4 15.10
(all runs done within 3 hours of each other, no major
weather changes....)

SO all in all, very pleased....this truck seems faster
than my RT was when new...and if like the RT, will get
faster as it breaks in....I hope Dodge comes out with
a HIPO pcm for the 4.7...I think a little timing
advance would work wonders.

Future mods for me will be synthetic oil and maybe
some tweaks to the K&N setup. Anyone know what the
rated cfm of the stock 4.7 tb is? Wonder if a little
porting/polishing might be in order....

Any other 4.7 owners out there doing their own mods?
Any mods that worked well for you?