new guy Tranny ?

From: Chris and Sara (rile1@prodigy.net)
Date: Sat Dec 25 1999 - 23:07:44 EST

    Hi, I joined this list just prior to going on a 3 month trip. So now I
am trying to catch up on about 105 grouped mailings. I have a 97 4x4 that
you can see at http://pages.prodigy.net/rile1/!!!DakotaMadness!!!/ . It's
been a little while (3 months) since I've put it up so I haven't had a
chance to update it.
    Anyway just before I left I was looking into a Kenne Bell Supercharger
setup like the one that Performance West was putting on the Killer Bee Daks.
When I talked to the guys at PW, they said they don't make the setup for
5.2L's.
    "Why?", I asked.
    He told me that the problem was with the transmissions that come with
the 5.2L's. They can't handle the power. I had no idea. So it's been a
few months, and I'm at 35K mi. and now going uphill, my tranny is doing
some intermittent kicking down at ~4400 RPM. Does any one know of some
TSB's out about problems with these 'inferior' transmissions?

Thanks.

CR in the NW