Re: Trouble Codes

From: JoeB327@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 27 1999 - 08:36:44 EST

In a message dated 12/24/1999 12:49:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jbe@micron.net writes:

> Bob, thanks a million, it actually worked!!!
> Someone should add this procedure to the DML
> FAQ's for 98-99 +? Daks
>
> Ja
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 18:10:13
> From: Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com>
> Subject: Re: DML: Trouble Codes
>
> At 01:33 PM 12/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >I have a '99 Dakota 318 4x4 auto, to which I am trying
> >to pull the computer trouble codes myself.
> >
> >I tried the key on/off 3 times thing but that did not
> >seem to work or I am doing it wrong. I tried following the
> >post on the DML home page on how to do this for 1997+ Dak.
> >
> >Anyone know how to get the codes from a '99?
> >any special secrets?
>
> Access to any codes were changed in '98. Here's the new procedure.
>
> Simultaneously depress the trip reset and trip/odometer switches,
> and, while holding them, turn the ignition to ON/RUN, and wait about 5
> seconds. This sends the car through a short self-test sequence that
> lights
> all segments of the odometer and shift selector read-out (where
> applicable). It will then display the stored error codes.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
> '97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.

Good information, I also have a 99 CC Sport,5.2L, auto, BUT my odometer
"switch" only has one switch not 2. I tried the above procedure and it worked
but got no display about "codes", just the test. I bring this up because we
also have a 1997 Plymouth Voyager that has the 2 switches that this procedure
does work, during the "test" it displays "CODE", while on my DAK it does not.
Any thoughts??
Joe B.