Re: ATTN: TRUCK SHOOTOUT-CYBERBRAWL 2000

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 27 1999 - 20:47:54 EST

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 TommFern@aol.com wrote:

> That's great Jon! I'm almost definitely going to go. I just talked to the
> prez of the national lightning club. (he has a high 11 sec truck) He will be
> talking to Bob about making this a reality. He wanted to encourage all our
> members about seriously considering this. There will be many lightly modded
> trucks who run 15s to play with. So please don't think you can't be
> competitive; especially if we run open comp. This is where you pair off
> according to times and run pseudo heads up with a 2 tenths breakout.
> Tom

   I have to be back home Sunday morning, usually these things are run
on Sunday so I can't go, but if its on a Saturday, I may be able to make
it. If I have a tow vehicle by then, I'll almost certainly be there (as
I know I'll have a way home in case something happens). I'd love to
install a twin turbo system by then and turn some heads, but I don't think
that's gonna happen. Hopefully like you said, there will be some slower
trucks to play with. If anyone else is going, maybe we could even make
a DML meet out of it; go a day or two early to check out the Corvette
museum and such. :-)

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |