Re: (2) Gear oil

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 10:40:28 EST

Well, there was some discussion on this a little while ago (I bought the
75W-140 a long time ago so I can't return it) and the consensus seems to be
that the 140 is too heavy and completely unnecessary for our applications.

The factory specs. call for 75W-80 so if you're not in a rush and it's still
"swapable" I'd send it back for the Amsoil 75W-90... I would but I'm stuck
with mine and have to roll the dice. According to the Amsoil lit. you don't
need to add a friction modifier to their gear lube... Take that FWIW as I
don't have a lsd. Maybe give 'em a call and confirm directly with an Amsoil
tech.?
Tom