Re: Towing/Weight Safety

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 13:57:51 EST

frankwjohnson@hotmail.com writes:

<< Ok, i'm gonna back up Rob on this cause no one sees what he's saying.

 Basically a heavier vehicle is safer to tow a heavy trailer with the tow
 rating being the same as a lighter truck/vehicle.
 Explanation: In high winds/bad weather the trailer becomes an anchor and
 pulls against the vehicle, SOOOOO, the heavier the tow vehicle. Everybody
 get it now?

 Frank WJ

 P.S. And yes Rob, towing 2 jetskis and 400 lbs with a 1 ton dually was
 overkill. hehehehehe
Thank you Frank. I thought i wasnt sayinf it right. Yeah i know the crew cab
dually 4x4 was overkill but i never felt the jet skis or anything else being
towed. The thing was a towing machine. except for the gas mileage it was
great for towing. I guess i compare everything to it and i shouldnt
Rob