Re: Gas Milage?

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 17:14:34 EST

Your truck is brand new, as it gets broken in you will see the mileage
improve somewhat. My first long trip in my V8 powered Dak i only averaged
around 15 mpg. Now with about 2000 mi on it, i get around 18-19 mpg. And
my Dak is 4x4 CC so it's pretty high up and very heavy. After break-in i
would expect your highway mileage to be at least 20-21 mpg.
If there is no improvement, you may have an issue with your truck, and
you'll have to deal with the dealership. Someone mentioned that bad mileage
can often be caused by a bad O2 sensor--cheap part and should be covered
under warranty.

Frank WJ