Re: Re: Fastest family hauler?  lon

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 18:35:01 EST

I was really nervous when I was preparing to buy my Dak (first dealership experience) I'd heard a lot of horror stories from other women about how they were treated, and the whole autobuying experience just seemed intimidating. In the end, I think I could've got a better deal (I must've flubbed my research), but I was treated well by the salesman I bought from. I went in once, just to test drive (I just wanted to drive a Dak. Knew I was gonna buy one), and he was very respectful of my wants, and didn't try to pressure me into immediate purchase. I test drove at that same dealership a 2nd time, and the salesman I landed that time was really pushing me, trying to sell me options I didn't want. The first guy actually managed to sell me a truck a few months earlier than I'd planned to buy, by using low pressure sales techniques. ("we got a blue one in- it's real pretty!)
But it did leave me feeling that there ARE decent salesman out there, so if someone starts pushing, I can just walk.
Flip

<< This is for your wife right?  I bet she'll love shoppin for a
 new car.  >>

Yeah my wife was thrilled ( not) she hated it. didnt like dealing with the
shifty salesmen or women.

http://www.care2.com - The Best of The Internet...With A Green Twist!