Re: Re: Brake Pad Replacement (Kyle) was:Things that go clunk

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 23:18:13 EST

>Did that front brake job explanation I wrote up help you out at all?
> Oh yeah! Thanks very much! I printed it out and just gotta' get the pads
to >do the job now. I'm delaying 'cause I was lookin' things over the other
day >and now I'm thinking about replacing the brake fluid while I'm at
it... I don't
> know what DC uses on the production line but it looks like sewage water to
>me and mine is a brand new truck! Thanks again!

Tom,
I know it may be recommended and it is your Dak and all, but I have never
drained/replaced the brake fluid in my Dak. I do however, 2 times a year
suck some of the brake fluid out of the master cylinder and replace it with
fresh fluid. If you plan on replacing the brake fluid, you will HAVE to
bleed both the front and rear brakes. If you just want to swap out some of
the old stuf in the master cylinder, just make sure you dont take too much
out and allow air to get into the brake lines. Let me know if you need
anything else, it is a very easy and straighforward job doing the front
brakes. Rears take some practice, but are also simple. Good Luck Tom!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6