pumping pedal on rear abs type

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 12:16:58 EST

"heel ABS. Seeing as how the fronts do most of the
stopping, should
a constant pressure be applied to the brake so as to
operate the
rear ABS properly, or should the old fashioned "pump"
method be
used to operate the fronts properly???? Seems like no
matter
which method you use, you're doing it wrong?? :-)...."

-Trucks are most prone to the rear wheels locking up first since the
weight shifts to the front. So, instead of a 4wheel abs system, they at
least address tailskidding with the rear abs system. IMHO, if you
finally get to the point on a rear abs-only type system where you got
the front wheels locked up too, then I'd let off and apply again.
Besides, the computer that runs and monitors the rear abs monitors it in
milliseconds, so I think it can adjust extremely quickly.
Patrick