Re: V6 Header Update

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 00:19:12 EST

In a message dated 12/30/1999 3:13:16 AM !!!First Boot!!!, DICEMAN469@aol.com
writes:

<< I took off my pass side exhaust manifold and when I was pulling out the
studs
 they F$%#KING BROKE!! ARRGGHH I'm so aggravated!! Anyone got any ideas on
how
 to pull the stupid thing out, and get the other studs out without having the
 same fate?? >>

Soak them in penetrating oil .
as for the broken stud youll need to drill the center and use these things
called easy outs. Did it break flush with the block or does a stub stick out?

if s little sticks out you may be able to grab it with channel locks and
than do this. Get a propane torch and heat up the stub and put a candle
against it. the wax will go in the threads and hopefully loosen it. Ive done
this trick and it works. You may also be able to weld a washer on the stub
and than turn it with a channel lock or pliers.

If its flush with the block than you need to carefully drill the IN THE
CENTER a small hole. than yse these things called easy outs. be careful and
dont break them as threy are made of the hardest substance known to man and
youll need a titanium bit to drill it out
Rob