RE: V6 Header Update/ RE: Stud removal

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 07:49:49 EST

Austin, did the stud break off flush with the manifold?
If there is any stud still hanging out of the manifold, then have some one
weld a nut to it, then extract it.
If it broke off flush, you have two options, either use an "easy out" or
drill it out and re-tap it.
As far as the other ones, use a good rust penetrant, The best penetrant I've
ever seen is Ford-New Holland Rust Penetrant. You have to get it at a
Ford-New-Holland Tractor dealer, its about 8 bucks for a large spray can,
this stuff really kicks ass, better than WD-40, PB-blaster, or any other one
out on the market, I've been using this stuff for about 10 years!! If you
get a can of it, you should have no problems with the other ones using the
double nut trick.

Matt -- Mechanicsville, VA
`00 Sport Plus 4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD RC 2x4
Homemade K&N open element, Traction Bars,
Spring clamps, ... BEST 1/4 14.871 @ 91.01 MPH
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ