Re: Re: Jack Points

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 14:14:48 EST

> While I've got you though, I usually engage the 4 wheel drive and let the
> driveline keep the front wheels from rolling when I lift the rear (I use
chocks
> to but I figure it's the driveline that's really holding it). Is this
un-cool
> or is there a better way for this too?

Tom,
I havent ever engaged 4wd while jacking up either the front or the rear end.
I do use jack stands(all 4 of mine sometimes), my hydrualic jack(3ton), some
nice beefy chock blocks I bought along time ago. Rarely, but sometimes, I
use my Sears Truck Ramps(5 ton capacity). Just remember, when you get under
your truck when it is jacked up, why not be sure nothing will happen to your
body by taking all needed safety measures possible, ya know?? The chock
blocks I think are a better way to go rather than putting your Dak in 4WD,
plus they are cheap. You can get them just about anywhere and you buy them
once and thats it. I know some people even buy a 4"x4" post and angle cut
them. But since they are fairly cheap, just go buy a pair.....or two pairs
for that matter. Good Luck and be safe!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6