Re: RE: Governor's on 4.7L? NO limit here!! re: attn. frank

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 00:55:43 EST

They're not required to smog test? I don't think very many people
would smog test if they didn't have to, but around here you can't
renew your registration till you get it through DEQ. Unless its an
exempt year (classic cars). Well, and you can sidestep it if you
have somewhere outside the metropolitan area to register ....
Somewhere with strict emission laws, like CA, I'd think smog testing
would be a requirement!
Flip

 but what about
that 20-yr-old black smoke spewing piece of junk that is still on the
road?
I think it's those types of vehicles that should get the
tickets/fines.  The
owner is definitely not going to go for the smog test cause for sure
they'll
fail.
Get those cars off the road, and maybe the air wouldn't be so deadly!

Frank WJ

Enter your default signature here
http://www.care2.com - The Best of The Internet...With A Green Twist!