Dealerships in Portland (long-sorry)

From: emailskip@webtv.net
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 21:27:25 EST

Jason, I think it's you that lives in Gresham, also. Just so I don't get
sued, I will say this is just my opinion, but DO NOT go to Gresham
Dodge. I bought my 91 Dak there, and the transmission went out just
before the warrantee expired. It took them about 2 weeks to get
parts,and when I finally got it back, I drove it one day and it started
slipping again. I stopped in on the way home, the svc. guy got under it
and came out covered in tranny fluid. They kept it 2 more days, and said
it was fixed. About a month later, I tried to use the 4WD, and found out
they had not adjusted Xfer case linkage. It always leaked a little
tranny fluid after that, so I replaced the gasket. Still leaked. I tried
to tighten the bolts a little more, and stripped one. I took it to
another repair place to get that fixed, and they discovered that the
tranny case was put together with silicone, instead of a gasket. And
then about 25K mi. after the rebuild the tranny went out again. I took
it to a trans shop that time. ($1000) My advice? If your truck breaks
down in front of their driveway, have it towed somewhere else. Also my
ex-girlfriend bought a Neon there. The brakes were noisy so she took it
in. They said too bad, that's just the way they are. She then went to
Gresham Chrysler/Plymouth/Jeep and they replaced all the brakes. I don't
know how they are with Dodge trucks, as Neons are the same.
(Dodge/Plymouth)

Skip Goger
Gresham, Or
2000 4X4 V8 AUTO