Re: Re: archives for IAT

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 16:53:19 EST

The IAT relocation does exactly that, but Swede(a DC mechanic) tells me the
computer polls the water temp. sensor too and compares both, so it can't get too
far off from perfect air/fuel ratio for the operating temp. of the engine.
I've even bypassed the IAT sensor all together with a resistor, to create a
colder temperature value. Sometimes the run was quicker, but I never could tell
if it had actually worked, or if the run was quicker for some other reason.
I HAD to relocate my IAT to my air hat during my M1 swap, so mines like that
anyway now.
Aside from the IAT and temp. sensor polling by the computer, there's the O2
sensors to consider too (4 on mine!).
I think the best solution is a custom computer flash that will be tuned your
mods, the rest is just a bandaid.
This has been my personal experience with IAT's and such, anyway.
Hope is helps,
                     Alan S.