Re: autolite plugs

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 19:29:25 EST

> I've heard not so long ago that autolite plugs were
> the best plug tested and i'm about to go with those.
> I would like to have some feedback on those plugs.
> Right now, I'm using bosch platinum, and i felt no
> differrence. Are autolite better, and which one?

Careful now to use the work "best" around here......Here is the short
version of the plug story. For those of us running an aftermarket ignition
which requires a larger than stock plug gap, some spark plugs had too short
of tip and some used a 'projected tip'. Those plugs with short tips, when
used with aftermarket ignitions, did not fully cover the electrode, Champion
Truck Plugs being one of them. The projected tip plugs, when gapped higher,
still fully covered the electrode, Splitfire and Autolite Coppers being one
of them Remember also, atleast with MSD sysytems, it is NOT recommended to
use platinum plugs at all. I would ditch the Bosch plugs, I had them on my
Dak for 1 week and returned them for the Truck Plugs; which I also replaced
after learning abour the tip problem and now am running with Autolite plugs,
I want to say #3924. This just proves to me that most hype-plugs are simply
a waste of money and my $1 Autolite's make my Dak run better than any other
plug I have tested so far with my MSD/Accel Ignition. If you are not running
an aftermarket ignition, any plugs will really be fine, since the stock
gapped is maintained. Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD Universal Wiring Harness, MSD 8.5MM
SuperConductors, Accel Super Coil, Borg Warner Select Brass Cap/Rotor,
Autolite Copper Plugs(.050),