Re: Happy New Year!-yeah, right.

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 02:33:50 EST

andylevy@bigfoot.com writes:

<< >>>You can actually be ticketed for being too low? What's the logic
> behind
> that one?<<<
>
> I don't really know the logistics behind it, but the cop explained to me
> that the truck wasn't designed to be that low and by lowering it I was
> comprimising it's roadworthiness or something.... insurance companies
> hate it too... >>

actually what they worry about is whats called a scrub line. thats a
imaginary line that if you would look at your rims the lower part of the rim
from one rim to another would be the scrub line. what they worry about is
any metal piece sticking past that line ( leaf spring bolts, frame hangers,
exhaust yadda yadda) well in case of a flat tire instead of the rim hitting
the ground and keeping the truck rolling the part that hangs down would jit
first thus possibly causing the truck to spin out or gouge the concrete act
like a anchor and stop the car or slow it down considerably and get rear
ended. this info was from my brother who works for seal beach PD
Rob