Re: torsion bar lift?

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 18:26:25 EST

taterman67@yahoo.com writes:

<< I have seen a dak with the torsion bars cranked. It
 had a little more clearence than mine does. I would
 like to do this to my dak but I dont know anything
 about it. Will this mess anything up? What is the
 limit to this type of lift. >>

what happens is that the down travel becomes less since you cranked the
torsion bars up. the negative part is if you crank them up too much youll
bust the CV joints. id go 1 inch higher but no more. also if you crank them
up count the turns you do on 1 side and do the same amount on the other.
otherwise it qwill sit lop sided
Rob