Re: Rustproofing?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 20:36:00 EST

At 04:43 PM 1/4/00 -0500, you wrote:
> You're telling me you have no surface rust whatsoever???? Where
>do I sign?!? :-)

None but I usually get a new vehicle at night and I've pre-arranged
to have it rustproofed the next morning.

> I've got a mess of surface rust under my Dak (and a little on parts
>of the body panels, too.) :-( Is it too late for me, or will this
>treatment also remove the rust? Or will I have to use some sort of
>media blasting to remove the rust first?

I don't think it will remove pre-existing rust but it will prevent
it from spreading. I have some rust on the Challenger's inner
fender well where the battery is. I bought a small spray can
that Krown Rust sells to prevent it from spreading.

I'm going for a clean air test tomorrow morning and Krown Rust is
just across the street. I'll speak to the owner to see if it
removes it. BTW, I usually get my appearance mods (hard deck lid,
deflectors, dash kit ... gives me a very good price) from him too.

Bob