re: Need Hood Scoop

From: ROBINSON (rrobinson@BCMS.CARTERET.K12.NC.US)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 07:45:21 EST

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 12:40:20 -0500
From: Johnson Sgt Michael D <JohnsonMD@lejeune.usmc.mil>
Subject: re: DML: Need Hood Scoop

Does anybody have the Pro Glass hood on a 97+. Is it functional? How much
painted or not? I think I've seen a red 4x4 Dak here in Jacksonville with
one. Russ, have you seen it?

Mike Johnson
99 Black Spt+ CC 4x4 318
AirAid, Gibson Dual Exhaust
35% Tint on Door Windows, All graphics removed
31x10.5 BFG MT's
Black Chrome Diamond Tread Toolbox
Swansboro, NC

Mike, I have talked to the guy with the Red 4x4 . It is a functional scoop. I looked real close at it and it's quality is nice. The paint job could have been a little better, but wasn't bad. I didn't ask where he had it painted. It really makes the truck look nice!

I asked a local bodyshop how much to have a hood painted. He said around $150-$200 depending on the quality of the gelcoat. Red's are more expensive to paint, so it may be a few dollars cheaper for black.

Hope I helped.
Rob Robinson
96 Sport V8
Newport, NC