Re: LARGER WHEELS ON A '99 CC

From: J McKinney (bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 11:12:00 EST

I went from the same size tires you have to 33x12.50 15's.
My speedometer is showing about 8% slower than what I'm
actually going. From what I read the speedo function is
computer controlled, not by a little pinion gear so you
have to get the computer reprogrammed in order for it to be
correctly calibrated. I believe 32" tires will be the
largest you'll be able to fit without any kind of lift kit.

--- "Morrison, Dennis" <DMorriso@ciena.com> wrote:
> I have the tire/suspension upgrade in my '99 Dak 4x4. I
> have the 6 lug/5 spoke 15" Aluminum mags and 31x10.5
> Goodyear tires that where standard on the truck. I was
> wondering if anyone has gone to 33x11.5 or larger
> (another or same brand), if there was any problems and
> what to do about the speedometer.
>
> Thanx for help
> Dennis '99 4x4 CC

=====
John McKinney
Los Banos, CA
1998 Dakota 4x4 5in lift/locked 33" Swampers
1974 Ramcharger 4in lift/locked 33" BFG MT's