Re: Re: Blackstone Lab Oil Report

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 14:01:53 EST

In a message dated 1/5/00 11:46:46 AM Mountain Standard Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

> Another thing to point out: I have used Fram's PH16(the oil filter that is
> "supposed to be very poor") oil filter and Castrol 10W30 since I bought the
> truck with 13,500 miles on it. I have never added any products like
Prolong,
> Slick50, Duralube, etc.
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

DAH FRAM FILTER?????????????????

    What's the hell is wrong with you, have you ever looked inside one of
those things, the filter paper (how little there is) is glue to a piece of
cardboard!!!!!!!!! that's it, get a Quality Napa Filter, even the Siilver (pN
21085) is higher quality than that, Fram Blow By valve if the filter gets
clogged is the cardboard, it''ll break through it. The Napa part has got
METAL adn tons more filtering material, and the Gold filter (pN 1085) cost
the same as any fram I have ever seen.
    Sorry, I used fram too, untill I worked at napa, now that i work there,
and taht I have seen the inside of one, I use Napa Filters, the only other
filter that compared with ours was the K&N filter, the others we tested
(Fram, Castrol, Mobil 1, Wally World brand) was very little filtering
material, and were poorly constructed. One (Mobil 1 filter I belive) even
had a hole in the filtering material, allowing unfilter oil to pass
through!!!!!
    So I want everone to go out there an Buy Napa Filters, adn no it is not
for my own good, no one on this list buys at my store because no one is from
Los Alamos. Anyways, the test involved a hacksaw, adna Rich Customer who
wanted to see the difference. He bought 5 of the saem filters (different
brands) adn had us cut em open, now we use that with any customer that buy
oil filters...
            Greg sorry I babbled so much