Re: Blackstone Lab Oil Report

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 14:05:14 EST

Thanks for that info, Kyle. Always have used Castrol 10W-30; always will.
Always change at three months or three thousand miles, whichever comes
first.
BTW, since we had that oil filter article going around a few times, what
filter(s) have you used during the past 115,973?

Richard in San Antonio

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:35:01 -0600 "Kyle Kozubal" <grndak4x4@home.com>
writes:
>Well I sent off my oil to Blackstone Labs to do a test about 10 days
>ago and
>I received the report back today. I am very glad to know all my
>repeated
>3,000 mile oil changes with Castrol 10W-30 looks like it paid off.
>Here is
>what they told me: "Universal averages show typical wear metals for an
>oil
>from this type of engine after a routine run on the oil. Your oil was
>run
>the nominal 3,000 miles, and we found wear quite low and properly
>balanced
>for the type. No gas, moisture, or coolant was found in the sample. We
>like
>your choice of oil and think your engine is doing well, especially for
>a 4WD
>vehicle at 115,973 miles. Check back at 125,000 miles." Not too bad
>eh?? I
>will post the elements and their numbers as well as properties later
>on
>tonight when I have more time.
>Kyle
>93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 116,300 miles