Blackstone Lab Oil Report

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 13:35:01 EST

Well I sent off my oil to Blackstone Labs to do a test about 10 days ago and
I received the report back today. I am very glad to know all my repeated
3,000 mile oil changes with Castrol 10W-30 looks like it paid off. Here is
what they told me: "Universal averages show typical wear metals for an oil
from this type of engine after a routine run on the oil. Your oil was run
the nominal 3,000 miles, and we found wear quite low and properly balanced
for the type. No gas, moisture, or coolant was found in the sample. We like
your choice of oil and think your engine is doing well, especially for a 4WD
vehicle at 115,973 miles. Check back at 125,000 miles." Not too bad eh?? I
will post the elements and their numbers as well as properties later on
tonight when I have more time.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 116,300 miles