Re: Re: V8 cat-back..Attn: Quiktruk99

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 18:04:40 EST

I think the dual 2.5" set-up I put on gave me a little more low end, as it
launches better now. Highway passing seems to have lost a little oomph, my
guess is that's where the 3" single comes into it's own. I switched mainly
for the looks (love those dual smoke trails on cold mornings!), so I guess
it's whatever you want more: launch power or highway power. I used the JC
Whitney duals for the cost savings over Gibson ($175 vs $240), but I can tell
you the Gibson is a MUCH easier install! Both use a perforated tube design,
but the Whitneys really growl, almost Flowmaster-like! Gibson will be a
little quieter ( I had the Gibson duals on my 97 V6), both are 2.5" pipes, so
it's up to you. BTW, I'll be updating my page soon with pics of the duals,
traction bars, and Roll-Top cover.

Kevin / NJ
99 Black Sport+ CC(no decals) / 318 auto 2wd / 3:92 SG
OEM wheel flares / 1.5"& 2" drop / Dunlop GT Qualifiers
F&B Stage1 / MSD 6a(plugs@.050") / Mallory 8mm Prowires / Echlin cap & rotor
K & N Gen II FIPK / 180 HD t-stat / Flex-a-lite dual 12" fans( spring of '00)
JC Whitney split-rear exit cat-back / Hooker tips / Lakewood traction bars
Pace Edwards Roll-Top / Bedrug / Pop Lock
African rosewood interior kit / Wet Okole seat covers
Kenwood 140w stereo w/6 cd changer / silver DML stickers
visit my truck at: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/quiktruk99/DARKDODGE.html">
THE DARK DODGE</A>