Re: F&B Stage I passes

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 18:01:06 EST

At 10:54 AM 1/5/00 -0800, you wrote:
>You swapped out computers, and the computer runs in a
>rich mode until 15-20 drive cycles. IF you had left
>in your other computer, it would have passed w/even
>better results because the computer would have been
>running leaner (if it was in and running with more the
>15-20 drive cycles.) <snip>

Sam

I had put my stock computer back in at the end of November,
a few weeks after the local track closed.

When the weather turned cool (40-45F), I noticed that I was
running richer at the track. That's mainly the reason that
I switched to the Autolites. It's also the main reason why I
replaced the 180F tstat with the stock tstat for the clean air
test.

If the high HC reading is due to running rich, it may be because
of F&B tb or that the distributor was turned a few degrees thus
increasing the pulse width of the injectors a bit in combo with
the colder weather (25-30F) or both. The fellow that
did my engine work did mention that he had done everything that
he could think of to make me run better ETs.

I think that I'll have to get an OBD-II scanner again to see
what's what.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.