Re: Couple of Questions from a Neon Owner (Kind of Long)

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 11:25:21 EST

In a message dated 1/6/00 11:21:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
platinumneon@yahoo.com writes:

> Hello all:
> I currently drive a 1998 Dodge Neon. I am interested
> in buying a new Dakota for work and to tow my Neon to
> autocross races. I have a few questions for you guys
> with some experience with the Dakota's.
>
> First of all, is the 4X4 worth the extra money, since
> I live in Indiana a our winters are not too bad and I
> do not plan on off-roading much other then the
> occational job site visit?
>
> Second, since I will probably get a 4X2, is there a
> specific model that is better overall then others? I
> mean is the sport better then another model.
>
> Third, I really like the r/t's. Is there any downside
> to getting one. Any problems that I need take in to
> account? (Insurance?)
>
> Fourth, with all things considered, with engine is the
> best to get for the money? I prefer the V8, but is it
> the best.
>
> Lastly, Are there any across the board problems with
> the Dakota? Example, most Neon's will need a new head
> gasket sometime in there early life.
>
> I really appricate your help. I plan on getting my new
> truck this summer or fall and would like to have some
> back ground before I go out and spend ~$20k on a new
> truck.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andy
>
> P.S. Feel free to email me privately.

I would say a 4x2 4.7 would be good for you. R/T is out because it won't have
the towing capacity you need. Get youself an extended Cab so you got room to
put your luggage of extended trips, or if you really want to go all out get
the quad cab.

-Austin
Supertruck