4x4 tires on a 2x4?

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 18:10:48 EST

What do the stock 4x4's have for tires [model #'s and also height/width]? I
have a 2000 Sport+ 4.7L 4x2 and want the 4x4 look on my truck. I figured I
could keep the same rims I have now [15x8's] I have the Tire and Handling
group on my truck, which gets me those rims. What kinda lift would I need to
get to get the 4x4 lift with the stock tires that come on the 4x4's? I'm
getting the wheel flares [my dad makes the plastic for them]. Also, what
other mods need to be made? How will my mpg's be affected, and what needs to
be done to make the speedometer have the right reading. How will performance
be affected with the 3.55 gear ratio? Thanks for all your help and answering
my questions.

William