Re: Are "Old" Rams any good?

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 22:55:16 EST

In a message dated 01/06/2000 4:47:19 PM EST, stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 Hemipower@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 12/29/1999 11:49:51 AM EST, stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu
> writes:
>
> <snip>
> << He said no way will it ever bend the frame >>
>
> Bend? Maybe not. Flex until it cracks? It has happened to
> me. I just fish plate it and keep plowing. Check the rear area
> where the plow frame attaches to the truck frame.

   Thanks for the info!

No prob Jon. It's the least I can do. Let me know if you need
any more plow info.

> P.S Hey Jon have you found that seasoned block yet?

    I dunno; should I be looking for one?

I thought you had mentioned getting one.

Check with your local salvage yard. Some may let you have them checked till
ya find
the perfect one. Core shift is your major concern. The bores must be the same
thickness all the way around. If that can't be found use one that has the
shift
in the "major thrust" direction. The major thrust direction is to the
passenger side of the cylinder bore as the block is installed.

<A HREF="http://web.wt.net/~mclark/html/phones/">Limited Edition Dakota Phones
</A>