Re: Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 10:12:03 -0500

From: J.D. Forinash (foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 10:50:21 EST

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 10:09:19AM -0500, Jason Grubb wrote:
> myself, so I want the least restrictive possible. Could this cause the
> difference in 1/4 mi. times that seem to be occurring? (i.e. 318 guys
> claiming 16s 1/4's for cc r/t's, when the bone stock cc r/t's around here
> run 14.9's to 15.2's)

Perhaps a little, but not a whole lot. More difference will be found
in weight of the truck when run, air temperature and density, and the
production tolerances to which the vehicle is built, how long the
engine is left to cool before a run, how much traction there is to be had
at a given location... There's a million zillion variables in a quarter
mile time, and that doesn't even get to the fact that some drivers are
better drag racers than others. And some people get their quarter mile
times from a Gtech, some from a dragstrip, to add just a little more
question into the equation...

As a point of (completely useless) information: My club cab R/T ran a best
of 15.776 bone stock. That day it got beat by a mostly stock (MP Computer
and flowmaster cat-back-dual exhaust) RC 5.2L Dakota by about a half a
second. So I expect the RC truck was faster than me even before its mods...

-JDF

--
--J.D. Forinash (foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu) / '69 Coronet 440, yellow, 318
The more you learn, the better your    / '70 Fury III 'vert, mostly white, 318