Re: Re: 4.7 SLT outruns the R/T 5.9

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 13:29:55 EST

frankwjohnson@hotmail.com writes:

> I figure the new engine will have plenty of performance parts for it soon
> enough. It hasn't been around very long (what a year-and-a-half?) to have
> aftermarket shops producing parts for it just yet. Besides, most of us
that

> buy a brand new truck wait (usually a year or so?) to start modding the
> engine. That just makes sense to let the engine break-in first before
> addind engine mods right? I'm sure within a year there will be plenty of
> parts for the 4.7.
> Never know, after a couple more years when DC isn't producing the "old"
> engines anymore, you might have a tough time finding mods for those
> engines?? Just somethin to think about....
>
> Frank WJ

Considering the Chrysler's been making the 360 and 318 for about 30 or more
years now, I seriously doubt that they're will be a shortage of performance
parts for it. And the additional 1.2 liters can produce torque that an
equally-modded 4.7 never will be able to muster. 345 lb-ft vs. 295 lb-ft
stock is an obvious difference right there. The 4.7 does make it's power more
efficiently though, but that's progress, right?? Remember the 1990 Chevy
454SS?? That thing put out like 190HP or some rediculous number. But
torque....let's just pull some houses off the foundation!!

But if I was looking for a daily driver that I was going to leave relatively
stock, I would choose the 4.7.

-Austin
-Vipertruck