Re: Re: 4.7 SLT outruns the R/T 5.9

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 12:58:51 EST

In a message dated 1/7/00 12:46:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
frankwjohnson@hotmail.com writes:

> When the 4.7 is equipped with a manual tranny, and the driver can actually
> DRIVE, and all other options being equal, the 4.7 will come out ahead in a
> race. The reason being that the 4.7 has only 15 less hp than the 5.9 but
> weighs over 100 pounds less. That's just the engine, not sure about the
> transmission and rest of the components.
> The 4.7 has got great power for it's size, and it'a a "rev-happy" motor.
>
> Frank WJ

I drove a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.7 and was very impressed with
it's power. The only reason I would choose a 5.9 over the 4.7 would be
because of the amount of performance parts available for the already-proven
motor. And I believe the 5.9 although equal to performance to the 4.7 stock,
has alot more potential when it comes to performance mods.

-Austin
Vipertruck