Re: Re: 4.7 SLT outruns the R/T 5.9

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 13:19:14 EST

I figure the new engine will have plenty of performance parts for it soon
enough. It hasn't been around very long (what a year-and-a-half?) to have
aftermarket shops producing parts for it just yet. Besides, most of us that
buy a brand new truck wait (usually a year or so?) to start modding the
engine. That just makes sense to let the engine break-in first before
addind engine mods right? I'm sure within a year there will be plenty of
parts for the 4.7.
Never know, after a couple more years when DC isn't producing the "old"
engines anymore, you might have a tough time finding mods for those
engines?? Just somethin to think about....

Frank WJ