Rustproofing...again!

From: Jon Winkelhake (jon_w@tjhale.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 13:08:41 EST

        I posted a question about rustproofing a while back, and since then
I've heard that the way they do it is by drilling holes in the sheet
metal/body panels at various locations, then inject the stuff into the
cavities, and plug the holes afterwards. Is this true?
        A co-worker of mine said her husband had that done to a truck of
his, he had to have the body replaced 3 times, because it rusted out where
the plugs were.
        I always thought they just sprayed over the exposed areas underneath
(and all the little nooks and crannys that water and salt could accumulate)
and that would take care of it. Comments? Thoughts?

Jon W.