Re: ____Best replacement performance muffler?

From: Mtbfed@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 18:20:50 EST

< As soon as I get my headers in I will install them and build the cat back.>

If you are going to build your own catback, as I did too, you can buy a
3" mandrel bent, aluminized steel tailpipe, with hangers, and a SS tip.
(part# WLK-45720 $43.39 @ Summit) Then add a Hooker Max-flo, and
you will have a catback for about $100. The only problems I had were
the hangers needed to be cut about 2" and re-bent to bring the tip up
where it should be. Also, I purchased a center inlet, offset outlet muffler,
I think it would have worked better with a center inlet, center outlet.
For the front muffler hanger, I cut the hangers off of the stock clamp and
welded them to a 3" clamp, worked fine.
What are your plans after the headers, 2 x 2 1/4" cats, or a single 3"?

Marc Federici (overkill is relative, my motor is stock)
99 SLT+ CC 5.2 5sp 4x2 3.55sg