Re: 727 vs 904 (trannies)

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 23:05:04 EST

In a message dated 01/07/2000 10:53:37 PM EST, stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu
writes:

<< I've seen them make many 10 sec. passes.

    I was leaning toward the 727 because I have heard its stronger.

Like 10x

 plan to make 600-800hp eventually, and my truck is 4200lbs, so I want
 a tranny that will hold together.

If it can take the abuse of an Hemi for *hundreds* of passes, I think you
should be OK Jon. ; )

 If the 904 can be built to take
 that abuse in a cost effective manner and go faster, then I'd probably
 lean toward it...

pfft

 What do you think caused the .3 sec drop for those
 guys? Can't just be the lighter weight... >>

<Mr Roger voice on>
Hey boys n girls. What a beautiful day in the neighborhood
Can we say close early close ratio Slanter(tm) internals?
I knew you could.
<Mr. Roger voice on />

That is all those 904 setups are worth. .3 SEC
Stick with your plan Jon