Re: Roller Rockers and Other Minor Mods

From: Jason&Sarah (Jpm699@email.msn.com)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 12:24:09 EST

I'm also curious about this, more so about the actual install of these
parts. I'm looking at the Crower 1.7 roller rockers, pushrods, valve
springs and steel retainers. Is it just a manor of unbolting the old and
bolting on the new? How involved is it and could someone who has never even
had thier valve covers off do this?

Jason

>For instance, I've heard it would be a good idea to swap out the stock
rocker
>arms for some roller rockers for longer engine life. Is this true? Do I
>replace/upgrade the push rods and springs while I'm at it?
>
>Please note, I'm not setting the truck up for racing use. I just want to
make
>the improvements that will give me a strong and more bullet proof engine
for my
>wheeling adventures and day to day use. Besides, I like tinkering with it!
:-)