Re: Re: Roller Rockers and Other Minor Mods

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 12:48:22 EST

It's the same as any other post style rocker install.
You have to bring each cylinder up in the firing position(remote starter
device), insuring both valves are closed. Pull both the old rockers(int/exh),
bolt down the new and adjust the preload. Preload is usually about 1/2 to 3/4
turn past the point where you can no longer roll the pushrod between your
fingers.
Move to the next cylinder in the firing order and repeat.
I'm pretty sure the firing order is the same as GM, 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.
        Alan S.