Re: some mods that are rarely mentioned

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 04:56:00 EST

______________________
Jon Smith----Raleigh, NC---
   fast4x4@bellsouth.net
www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
----- Original Message -----
From: <Hvcamaro@aol.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2000 1:49 AM
Subject: DML: some mods that are rarely mentioned

> that big ol' radiator fan takes quit a few HP to turn at higher rpms,
> switching to an eletric fan set up is worth doing
> if you know what your doing build one out of bone yard parts,
> if not try flex-a-lite model 210

absolutely! not to mention a significant increase in mileage.

> An oil scraper is worth a little bit of power, a very cheap mod but is
really
> time consuming....

time is money, I have not enough of either :)

> Punching out the rain/noise baffel located in front of the air snorkel
and
> behind the grill(pre 97) is worth a couple more cfm..

my 1st mod of long ago :)

> changing to a lower profile tire set up for the rear is effectivly like
> changing the gear ratio...

tried that w/ Todd Flummer's lowrider tires... no traction in 1st gear

> Take a hammer and kink off the EGR tube,this will help keep heat out of
the
> intake manifold....

I used a peice of intake manifold gasket between the EGR tube and header...
no difference in power, negligable increase in mileage, been to lazy to
check the IAT sensor for possible reduction in temp there.. HOWEVER, this
did cause my computer to throw random fault codes and trip the check engine
light... I can go several months w/ no prob, then one day it'll light up...
annoying

> um i think mopar performance has a distributor kit for 3.9's for like 70
bucks
> one mod that really did alot for my truck was replacing the original
> converter with a high flow one

Don't know about the distributor and I have no recollection of events
concerning the catalick converter