Re: Swapping gear fluid

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 17:08:48 EST

> Since I have never done this before, could someone please tell me the
> procedure for changing out your gear fluid both front and rear for a 98
4X4?

Just pop off the rubber diff cover plugs and you are ready. I just bought a
Oil/Fluid Pump which can suck oil out as well as put oil back in. Most auto
parts stores, like Wal-Marts, Meijers, KMarts, etc should carry them. I paid
about $15 for mine. Or you could pull the diff covers off to drain the fluid
this way.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6