Re: Swapping gear fluid

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 21:35:09 EST

Jpm699@email.msn.com writes:

<< Since I have never done this before, could someone please tell me the
 procedure for changing out your gear fluid both front and rear for a 98 4X4?

 Thanks
 Jason

unbolt the rear differential cover. have a catch pan ready so you can catch
the gear oil. get the old oil drained and than clean the insides with brake
cleaner. it will get any metal shavings off and to the bottom where they can
be scooped out. this way youll have the inside clean. put the cover back on
using either a gasket or some red silicone. refill with gear oil. and if
yiou have a Limited slip diff dont forget the additive. I know some guys
dont use and they will tell you you dont need it trust me put it in its cheap
insurance. than do the same in the front
Riob