Re: RE: Speed limiter dangerous? 116mph today

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 13:17:58 EST

In a message dated 1/11/00 12:45:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ashort@flash.net writes:

> > Does anyone make a speed limiter cut ouit like chevy has. my buddy has a
> > programmer and he can just eliminate the speed limiter. i wonder if
anyone
> > makes one for us?
> > Rob
>
> Nobody makes one that eliminates the speed limiter, but you could easily
> have
> that custom burned.
> The Mopar performance computer has a 130 speed limiter, which is more than
> enough.
> The factory speed limiter is supposed to be 117.
> Alan S.
I thought the MP computer did away with the speed limiter? I have had my '96
with 3.55 gears up that fast. It just seems to be limited due to drag and not
a speed limiter. 130mph is just an estimation based on that I am about 4200
rpm in 4th gear, auto trans. The stock computer was at about 109 for me and
when you hit it, it felt like a brick hitting you in the chest.

Kelly in SC
'96 5.2 CC