Re: Re[2]:Re: LSD

From: DYoder@markeys.com
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 15:21:29 EST

Let me add this to LSD pot....

When I got the truck I had no trouble spinning the tires when wet. I fact
I could hardly keep the rear in line at all. I put 350 pounds in the rear
and have not had as much trouble.

I live in Indy. We have had a little snow (1or 2 in). I had a bunch of
trouble starting(with the 350 lbs). No matter how much feathering or slow
throttle.

And I could see there was only one tire griping, and the other was just
slipping.

My idea of the LSD (Trac Loc) is that the two wheels can still rotate at
different rates but it is limited (to prevent the one spinning tire).
I believe there are locked rear ends, but that only makes sense to me for
drag racing or maybe wet off-roading (this is an educated guess).

Thanks for the help.

David