Re: Re: Re: Pitman Arm 101

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 18:56:54 EST

>tell which is holding this pitman arm onto the pump is a large nut, can I
>just loosen and take this nut off and the arm will slide off?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is the funniest thing I've read on the DML in a while.
  I'm not laughing at you, don't take it that way. We've got enough of that
lately. That thing might as well be welded on there. You'll definately
need the puller (atleast in my experience). The puller slide over the arm
and the center screw presses against the top of the threaded portion. You
just keep on cranking on that bolt and BOOOM, like a gunshot, it pops off.

--
Dave