Re: Re: 2K Chevy encounter

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem1@airmail.net)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 22:48:58 EST

I hate to tell you this guy, but a full size chevy pickup weighs about the same
as a dakota. Given that this was an extended cab chevy, it probably weighed no
more than 2-300lbs more than Alan's reg cab dakota. Truckin magazine did a
detailed comparo between dodges and chevies last summer to include
undercarraige photos and weighing numerous full size dodges, chevies and
dakotas with various options. Their conclusion was that full size chevies weigh
very close to what dakotas weigh and are 3-400lbs lighter than full size
dodges. The undercarraige photos left no doubt as to why (chevies have much
less steel in their frames (can you say flimsy?)) That's the facts Jack.

Andre Mauboussin
95 Dakota 14.34@96.6MPH (3400LBS)