Re: Re: Re: Pitman Arm 101

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 23:06:54 EST

>Dave,
>So should I dare ask another question then.........So does the large nut
>come off at all? Or does it stay on the gear puller does all the work??
>Just
>asking because usually a nut holds something on and must come off because
>the part could....but I have not clue on the pitman arm........laugh on :)

Steering forces are tremendous. The nut is supposedly holding the arm on
the splines but it really just there for show (but I wouldnt drive without
it!). Take the nut off and then use the puller to pull the pitman arm off
of the splines. Once you take the nut off, you'll see what I mean. The nut
should come off with a good cheater pipe. I used my high lift handle.

--
dave