Re: Re: Pitman Arm 101(Prices!)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 20:11:54 EST

Ok well now that I have the removal/installation pretty much down, I have
another pitman arm related question; PRICE. I called 12 part stores today
and prices ranged from $23.99(Pep Boys) to $49.99(small local shop). Does
anyone know if all pitman arms are really the same? I mean $24 seems like a
great darn price to me, but will it be as good of quality as the $30-$40-$50
ones?? I would rather pay more for a better quality pitman arm and know it
will last and perform better. Autozone's is $31.99 but I cannot even
pronounce or spell the name who makes it(starts with an M, not Moog though),
but it is a lifetime warrantied part. Trak Auto's price is $35, with the
same maunfacturer and same lifetime warranty. Pep Boys wants $24, with a
lifetime warrany made by TRW. Any thoughts now???
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6