Re:Re: LSD

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 06:20:12 EST

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Nate Johnson wrote:

> Hmm, I Love my LSD in the snow and Ice. Yes it does kick to the side a
> little if I get on it too hard on a slick spot. A little throttle
> feathering takes care of it though. IMO Less throttle is better on snow
> and Ice anyway. Those people you see spinning there tires at 80 miles an
> hour to try to get out of something are doing nothing other then ruining
> their tires! I've been able to get myself out of a few situations without
> dropping in the 4X4 and I don't think I would have been able to do it
> without the LSD. I'm a firm believer in my LSD and I'd recommend it to
> anybody. I can't see any reason NOT to have one. (Of course the LSD
> combined with the 4X is even better! hehe)

    How hard is it to install a suregrip unit? Can I just pop it in
a non-lsd rearend, pour in new fluid, and go, or does the rearend
have to be set up again? (i.e. put the paste on the gears, check
their alignment, etc.) If it matters, this would be in a 9.25" rearend.

Thanks!

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'